wg-multicast - Re: multicast working group meeting at Chicago member meeting

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: multicast working group meeting at Chicago member meeting

  • From: Katsuhiro Horiba <>
  • To: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • Cc: Richard Machida <>, ,
  • Subject: Re: multicast working group meeting at Chicago member meeting
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 06:50:14 +0900

Dear Marshall.

I'm sorry to late reply.
I was just in the sky.

"APAN-Transpac2" would be exchange point to peer Abilene and other Asian AS's. It has already had unicast peering between Abilene in Pasific-Wave.
In Asia, a lot of academic AS's are connecting to APAN, and some of them have general multicast peering.

Thank you for considering my agenda.

Best Regards
Katsuhiro

Marshall Eubanks wrote:
Dear Katsuhiro;

Is there general multicast peering _between_ academic AS's in Asia ? (In other words, would one
interface at one exchange suffice, or would this require a number of different connections to the
academic networks ?)

Regards
Marshall