wg-multicast - Beacon Server issues

Subject: All things related to multicast

Beacon Server issues

  • From: "Todd Chapman" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Beacon Server issues
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:48:11 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to get a NLAR central beacon server running for our network. I
have edited the values in beacon.conf to use our mcast group, and set
'BECENTRALSERVER = 1'. I then ran ./configure and then 'make' and 'make
install'. Is there anything else that I have to change/do to get this
working? When I run beacon, I initially get an error message that states:

Couldn't bind TCP server select screwed
Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at ./beacon line 3617

Then the following message scrolls about every 8 seconds:

select screwed

Anyone have any ideas? I have also submitted this to sourceforge multicast
beacon for support (several weeks ago) and have not heard anything back yet.
As you might be able to tell, I am not the most experienced programmer...:)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd Chapman

  • Beacon Server issues, Todd Chapman, 10/17/2006