wg-multicast - Re: global dbeacon matrix for IPv4?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: global dbeacon matrix for IPv4?

  • From: debbie fligor <>
  • To: Caren Litvanyi <>
  • Cc: debbie fligor <>, wg-multicast <>, , Stig Venaas <>, Bob Riddle <>
  • Subject: Re: global dbeacon matrix for IPv4?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:35:32 -0500

On Jun 8, 2006, at 10:19, Caren Litvanyi wrote:

Well, we have been working on dbeacon out of GlobalNOC.
Our sysadmin guy working on it though is having a little
trouble with it dying frequently. So it is not yet ready
for primetime apparently.

one of my users is having this problem as well, but I found out this morning that he's using it on a 10.3.9 Mac OS box and I built it for 10.4.6 -- so I'm assuming it's an issue that recompiling on his platform will fix. I've got it on 1 mac and 3 solaris boxes with no crashes for almost a week now.

Shall we continue this effort?

sounds good to me.

Caren