wg-multicast - Re: PIX v7 native IP multicast support

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: PIX v7 native IP multicast support

  • From: "John Center" <>
  • To: Ken Meggitt <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: PIX v7 native IP multicast support
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:00:52 -0500

Hi Ken,

From the TAC notes, it appears that v7.1.2 also has the multicast reboot fix. We may upgrade to that. We haven't experienced the reboot problem, but then again, our multicast is not really working through the PIX. Please send me a copy of the new multicast docs when you have them ready. I'd love to try them out!

Thanks.

-John

Ken Meggitt wrote:
i have and i've had some serious problems with them. just a word of warning unless your running 7.0.4.12 you're firewalls will reboot randomly so turn off multicast routing asap if your not running that special release. i'm working with cisco to come up with some new documentation on how to set it up properly and get it running. i'm hoping we'll actually have something out soon. i never actually got multicast working properly but that might have been because of the bug in the code. i have yet to try with their latest release.

John Center wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone used the new PIX v7 native IP multicast support? We've been
trying to get this to work, but haven't had much luck. An example of a
working config would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-John

--
John Center