wg-multicast - RE: 802.11 Multicast TE and Snooping

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: 802.11 Multicast TE and Snooping

  • From: "Ken Gonzalez" <>
  • To: "Marshall Eubanks" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: 802.11 Multicast TE and Snooping
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 07:13:45 -0800

Hello All,

Our video over ip equipment relies upon SNMP snooping and a querier to
manage the multicast groups on switched networks in two places.

The first is during our variable bit rate encoding, wherein we build a
statistical multiplex group with multiple encoders.

The second is when we deliver transports to the customers.

However, this is all within a private network designed for commercial
delivery.

Ken