wg-multicast - Re: This coming year's multicast working group goals

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: This coming year's multicast working group goals

  • From: Stig Venaas <>
  • To: Leonard Giuliano <>
  • Cc: Alan Crosswell <>, wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: This coming year's multicast working group goals
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:03:34 +0200

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:56:03AM -0700, Leonard Giuliano wrote:
[...]
> Any interest in more of a push for transition mechanisms? Trying to
> convince the non-believers has proven to be unsuccessful over the past 5+
> years, so maybe tunneling over them will be more effective.

Yes, I think AMT might be the way to go. At least I see some concrete
uses for it (so that students with commercial non-multicast provider
can receive multicast from their university etc), and I think it might
help deployment in general, at least it's worth a shot. I am planning
to do some deployment of AMT and might contribute to a Linux
implementation.

Stig