wg-multicast - Re: MSDP announcement check

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: MSDP announcement check

  • From: Caren Litvanyi <>
  • To: John Kristoff <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: MSDP announcement check
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:26:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, John Kristoff wrote:

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:47:24 -0400 (EDT)
"Roy D. Hockett"

Sorry to do this, but since Abilene doesn't allow sho msdp on their
router proxy, and our Gigapop doesn't have a router proxy, I am flying
blind here.

Hmm... weird, the STARTAP/Starlight proxy will do this:

<http://ratt.uits.iu.edu/routerproxy/startap/>

Normally Abilene does allow this.
We have run into a possible Juniper bug that can crash rpd
when certain msdp show commands are executed. Our Seattle
router rpd reset due to this on Monday. We have disallowed
the msdp show commands until we learn of a fix from Juniper,
or until we hear differently about the possible bug from JTAC.
Thanks,
Caren
Caren Litvanyi, network engineer
Global Research NOC at Indiana University

o:812-856-4576 c:720-839-7739