wg-multicast - SAP latency

Subject: All things related to multicast

SAP latency

  • From: Hitoshi Asaeda <>
  • To:
  • Subject: SAP latency
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:41:27 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

I'd like to know SAP announcement delay.

We can calclulate the *interval* of the session information
announcement based on the RFC's definition, so my question is not
related to the announcement *interval* but the announcement *delay*.
For instance if I launch sdr to announce a global session, how long
does SAP need for the session information distribution to the edge of
the potential receivers on the Internet?

If someone knows some information (or paper) mentioning about such SAP
latency, please tell me.

Thanks.
--
Hitoshi Asaeda

  • SAP latency, Hitoshi Asaeda, 09/12/2005