wg-multicast - Re: MSDP storms or other oddness?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: MSDP storms or other oddness?

  • From: John Haskins <>
  • To: Dan Pritts <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: MSDP storms or other oddness?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:22:33 -0800

In case it's data of any use, here's a link to the number
of SAs we see in our border routers at AS131:

http://sherlock.commserv.ucsb.edu/mrtg/msdp-sa-count.html

Times are PST (-8).

Recently it's been about as tame as it gets here. We
do drop SAs for bogon group addresses, so the volume of
those is not counted.

-john

Dan Pritts wrote:

Hi all -

I'm having some problems with my juniper (routing daemon crashes)
and juniper tech support is indicating that they think the problem
might somehow be related to MSDP.

In particular the routing daemon crashed once on friday, and 5 times
this morning between 11:30AM and 1:00PM EST.

Anyone notice any MSDP weirdness during any of those times?

tnx

danno
--
dan pritts - systems administrator - internet2
734/352-4953 office 734/834-7224 mobile