wg-multicast - any suggestions?

Subject: All things related to multicast

any suggestions?

  • From: Bob Riddle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: any suggestions?
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 08:51:22 -0400

Here's some interesting questions posed by PhD student - any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

I do research about "Multicast over LAN networks", I am trying to simulate a videoconferencing point-multipoint considering three hosts, two of them currently participating, and one H.323 host which joins, participates and leaves the session with trhree case studies: one with IGMP Snooping, other with CGMP and other with GMRP. I wish to compare these these scenaries considering JItter, delay, percentage of utilization, and frames loss.
I am focusing on programming with C++ language (Object Oriented Programming and Multihreaded Programming with Visual C++) and my questions are: do you know about experiencies of modeling and simulations related with these case studies? What modeling tool do you recommend?
--
Bob Riddle ()    Technologist,Internet2
3025 Boardwalk, Suite 100         Ann Arbor, Michigan  48108

"Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 people"

  • any suggestions?, Bob Riddle, 05/03/2004