wg-multicast - Re: Multicast traffic causes unicast drops in cisco 15454 SONET mux?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Multicast traffic causes unicast drops in cisco 15454 SONET mux?

  • From: <>
  • To: "Kelly, Vaughn [NCSUS Non J&J]" <>, <>, "Peter Gutierrez" <>
  • Subject: Re: Multicast traffic causes unicast drops in cisco 15454 SONET mux?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:47:16 -0500

Title: RE: Multicast traffic causes unicast drops in cisco 15454 SONET mux?
I agree 100%. The only true way to resolve this issue is to upgrade the hardware/software. However, it sounds like the ONS hardware is not under Peter's control. Without the ability to upgrade line cards, some of the other options may alleviate the short term pain, but are in no way a long term fix. Pressing the carrier to upgrade would be the most viable option under these circumstances. Any overhead or performance degradation attributed to tunneling should be negligible if the hardware platform is a 6509 utilizing the latest hardware/software versions.

Artie