wg-multicast - Re: multicast DVTS sources (was Re: Sony A/D converter versus theCanopus ADVC100)

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: multicast DVTS sources (was Re: Sony A/D converter versus theCanopus ADVC100)

  • From: "Nicola Foggi" <>
  • Cc: <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: multicast DVTS sources (was Re: Sony A/D converter versus theCanopus ADVC100)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:05:05 -0600

We had some problems with out 6500 SUP2/MSFC2 running in Hybrid mode, not
specifically with what you described, but more with it just dropping
multicast packets. We ended up disabling "mls ip multicast" which cleared up
our problems, we've just left it disabled ever since, and everything has been
running smoothly...

Nicola

I wrote:

> PS: I'll set up 233.0.14.200 to source Bill Clinton's Brown v. Board of
> Ed speech tomorrow night at 19:30 EST (00:30 UTC). It's running right
> now with some test content.

I had to stop this as it hosed our Catalyst 6509/MSFC2 router running native
IOS
12.1(19)E1 PIM process was maxing out. Anybody seen similar problems like
this
with high rate multicast? It looked like it was getting process switched and
the multicast state was never making it to the other RPs in my mesh nor
off-campus.

/a

  • Re: multicast DVTS sources (was Re: Sony A/D converter versus theCanopus ADVC100), Nicola Foggi, 02/11/2004