wg-multicast - Re: Multicast and Windows XP with ICF enabled

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Multicast and Windows XP with ICF enabled

  • From: Brent Sweeny <>
  • To: Wilson Dillaway <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Multicast and Windows XP with ICF enabled
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:50:52 -0500

there's a similar issue with v6: ICF is v6-blind (and as I recall
blocks all of it--though I believe a very-new bugfix addresses
it for v6, but not for multicast.) and the decision (may?) not
have to be either/or; it *should* be possible to have XP security
*and* multicast: there are certainly other firewalls--are they
smarter about multicast? I'm not sure on that, but I'd think
there must be some. I understand that most of them also perform
better than ICF.