wg-multicast - [Fwd: Abilene filtering SAs from Columbia | ENTRY=3836]

Subject: All things related to multicast

[Fwd: Abilene filtering SAs from Columbia | ENTRY=3836]

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Fwd: Abilene filtering SAs from Columbia | ENTRY=3836]
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:21:41 -0400

An apropos topic given the workshop will be here next week:-)

This melted our campus tonight.... 6500 and 7500 routers at max CPU, losing BGP peerings and all that. And, I couldn't even detect the SA's from my end. We disabled the gigE uplinks for the two subnets that most of these hosts were on.

Shouldn't an sa-limit at Abilene have prevented the larger sa flooding problem? That's what we added after ramen.

For those Nick Mancini fans.... You'll have to wait 'til tomorrow, the NOC has pulled the plug:-)
/a