wg-multicast - Two drafts on multi-source SSM

Subject: All things related to multicast

Two drafts on multi-source SSM

  • From: Mickaël Hoerdt <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Two drafts on multi-source SSM
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:31:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

We are working on Multicast multiple dynamics source problem
in a same applicative group in the case of SSM networks environments
(for example multi-party conferences with dynamics data sources) .

Basically, it means trying to reproduce/enhance/emulate the behavior of
ASM applications with the SSM network capabilities at the end hosts. This work
is inspired by Hugh Holbrook's thesis and based on the sender advertisment
method. We produced two drafts which are available in two formats at :

http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/~hoerdt/draft-hoerdt-mboned-multisource-ssm-01.html
http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/~hoerdt/draft-beck-mboned-ssm-source-discovery-protocol-01.html

http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/~hoerdt/draft-hoerdt-mboned-multisource-ssm-01.txt
http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/~hoerdt/draft-beck-mboned-ssm-source-discovery-protocol-01.txt

We didn't find any working group really related to this topic
at the IETF, and we would like to know if there are people interested in
this topic. So any comments would be welcome.

Best regards,

Hoerdt Mickaël
LSIIT-Strasbourg

  • Two drafts on multi-source SSM, Mickaël Hoerdt, 07/03/2003