wg-multicast - RE: Frequent MSDP resets

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Frequent MSDP resets

  • From: "Jan Novak (janovak)" <>
  • To: "John Barlow" <>, "Peter John Hill" <>
  • Cc: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Frequent MSDP resets
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:19:05 +0100

If someone from Cisco is on the list, perhaps we could work together to
pinpoint the cause of the flaps and request a code-fix ?? I am willing
to suffer some pain to remove/reduce the error messages ...

John,

It has been addressed while ago via: CSCdv30330 :
MSDP peer resets on exceeding Max output Queue length

It is integrated in 12.0(20.03)ST02, 12.0(20.04)S and I checked
explicitly your 12.2(14)ZA1 and it is there.

So you would need to check if the resets are due to your 12.0.19ST
boxes,
which haven't got the fix yet.

You might want to check the MSDP MIB which should already be available
in your images to get data you need instead of those archaic tools -).

If you couldn't track it down to the 19ST boxes (which might have
problems with
too many SAs with data for example) the problem must be somewhere else -
these
days storms do not happen due to the mandatory SA caching and forwarding
from
the cache.

Jan