wg-multicast - RealOne bug with sdp?

Subject: All things related to multicast

RealOne bug with sdp?

  • From: "Craig M. Votava" <>
  • To: "MBONE Mailing List (External)" <>
  • Subject: RealOne bug with sdp?
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 10:22:17 -0500

Folks-

For a while now, we've been multicasting audio and video media using
vat and vic for our source. In the past, we've been able to supply
the sdr cache file (renamed to have an sdp suffix) to either quicktime
or realplayer on a PC. Both of these tools were able to connect and
display the media just fine.

Recently, I've downloaded the new realone player (6.0.10.505) and fed it
a valid *.sdp file for one of our multicast sources. The tool goes into
it's "loading..." mode, and gets to about 70%, then hangs forever.

Does anybody else see this? Is it a bug with RealOne? How can we
get them to fix it?

The latest quicktime seems to work fine (except it cannot handle
multiple video sources, Realplayer can).

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Thanks

-Craig Votava
Lucent Technologies

  • RealOne bug with sdp?, Craig M. Votava, 05/06/2003