wg-multicast - Re: your mail

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: your mail

  • From:
  • To: Greg Shepherd <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: your mail
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:09:35 -0500

It does allow that. You can listen to some SSM channel and forward the
UDP stream to 127.0.0.1 (local host). Then just have the application
listen to this unicast stream from your own ip address.

On another subject, had anyone considered creating a web page that runs on
a fully multicast enabled site and will, on request, report the source
addresses seen on a specified multicast group (ASM)? This would allow
SSM only sites to listen to ASM netcasts.

Quoting Greg Shepherd