wg-multicast - Cisco 7513

Subject: All things related to multicast

Cisco 7513

  • From: "João Paulo Malheiro de Barcelos" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Cisco 7513
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:12:53 -0300

Hi! I had already sent this message but aparently my mail didnt
arrive, so I´m sending it again... Ignore my previous email.

I am having trouble implementing my multicast through a CISCO 7513
router.

There are some FastEthernet interfaces and an ATM interface.

When the Multicast traffic comes in through the FastEth, it is
perfectly distributed and everybody gets the mcast packets.

But when the traffic comes in through the ATM interface, the other
interfaces don´t receive the mcast packets.

When I give a SHOW IP MROUTE, I see that the router learns multicast
groups coming from the ATM, and there are outgoing interfaces in
these groups.

One interesting thing that I noticed is that when the traffic comes
from any interface other than the ATM, the multicast table says:

Incoming interface: Ethernet5/1, RPF nbr 0.0.0.0, Registering

Wasn´t it supposed to give the IP address of Ethernet5/1???
Why is it giving a 0.0.0.0 result if it isn´t a null interface??
Isn´t the ATM supposed to be transparent??
Has anybody had the same kind of problem?

I would really appreciate some help

Thanks

João Paulo

João Paulo Malheiro de Barcelos
CBPF - CAT

  • Cisco 7513, João Paulo Malheiro de Barcelos, 02/17/2003
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>