wg-multicast - Re: Minimizing state attacks

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Minimizing state attacks

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • Cc: John Kristoff <>,
  • Subject: Re: Minimizing state attacks
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:11:47 -0500

The limits were elaborated on in IETF 51

http://www.multicasttech.com/papers/ietf_51_mboned_tme.pdf.gz
http://www.multicasttech.com/papers/ietf_51_mboned_tme.ppt.gz

Marshall

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 01:47 PM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

I proposed all of this 2 years ago at the IETF, and was shot down.

http://www.multicasttech.com/papers/DOS_mboned_ietf_50.pdf.gz
or
http://www.multicasttech.com/papers/DOS_mboned_ietf_50.ppt.gz

has a fairly thorough description of the state DOS problems. (If I missed anything, please
let me know...)

Marshall