wg-multicast - Re: [isp-webhosting] Re: root server attack

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: [isp-webhosting] Re: root server attack

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • Cc: , , (IP Multicast) <>,
  • Subject: Re: [isp-webhosting] Re: root server attack
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:29:56 -0500

Note : I do not see any indication of RAMEN worm type MSDP havoc - but
I have received confirmation about the targeting of Multicast group addresses.

However, one thing I do note is that the number of NLANR beacons we can see has gone
down by about 1/2. Since the beacons still seem to be there, this may indicate that people are shutting down MSDP or
that there are other problems.

Marshall