wg-multicast - Re: Yahoo! mcast content - WAS: Re: Real/multicast sources out there ?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Yahoo! mcast content - WAS: Re: Real/multicast sources out there ?

  • From: Ross Finlayson <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Toerless Eckert <>, Greg Shepherd <>, Mark Boolootian <>,
  • Subject: Re: Yahoo! mcast content - WAS: Re: Real/multicast sources out there ?
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 21:54:34 -0700

At 02:01 PM 6/6/02, Mark Boolootian wrote:
NASATV and AOT both have 300 kbps mcast feeds which look good.

Can anyone figure out what multicast groups/ports these streams use? (Apparently this information is hidden somewhere in MS proprietary BS.)

I'd like to try receiving these streams, but my only access to the MBone right now is via a UMTP tunnel, so to receive them, I need to know which specific multicast group(s)/port(s) to tunnel.

Ross.