wg-multicast - Any site with videos to be multicasted as "I2 demos"?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Any site with videos to be multicasted as "I2 demos"?

  • From: William Caban-Babilonia <>
  • To: I2 Multicast Working Group <>
  • Subject: Any site with videos to be multicasted as "I2 demos"?
  • Date: 29 Apr 2002 18:10:08 -0400

Hi:

I'm not sure where to post this questions.

Did any one know some links with good videos (I2 related: apps, tests,
etc, etc) of different fields that can be multicasted without any
restriction.

My idea is to have a VideoLan server (www.videolan.org) with all this
"movies" to use them as "demos" on the different campuses such that when
people ask us about multicast "demos" on their field I can have this.

We test it multicasting a DVD and having 12 simultaneous clients and it
works great!, even the different languages and subtitles at the same
time.

Now that we know it works we want to test it with free material and we
want to expand this, initially having a collection of "I2 demos" but
then trying to record local conferences and/or trainings and having them
available for the community.

Regards,

William

--
"Security is a process, not a product." -Bruce Schneier
|William Caban Babilonia |Email:

|Coordinator of Operations and Services |Phone: (787) 765-4664 |
|High Performance Computing Facility |Fax: (787) 758-3058 |
|University of Puerto Rico |WWW: http://www.hpcf.upr.edu |