wg-multicast - my iptv content manager was owned

Subject: All things related to multicast

my iptv content manager was owned

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To:
  • Subject: my iptv content manager was owned
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:02:34 EDT

Since I know a few in this group run Cisco IPTV I just wanted to report
that I found an IRC server had been installed on my IPTV Content Manager.
I'm not sure if lame defaults set by the IPTV installation were the reason
for the breakin or other sloppiness on my part. I am much more
comfortable securing a Real Operating System(tm). I discovered a telnet
server running in addition to the IRC server (iroffer), so who knows?

Anybody want a PS2 game? Oops, I formatted the C disk. Oh well:-)
/a

  • my iptv content manager was owned, Alan Crosswell, 04/16/2002