wg-multicast - DSCP tagged multicast and Cisco...

Subject: All things related to multicast

DSCP tagged multicast and Cisco...

  • From: Dave Hartzell <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: DSCP tagged multicast and Cisco...
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:23:58 -0500

Has anyone tested some of the existing Cisco QoS features with multicast? There has been significant testing with unicast, but in my attempts to test multicast, I haven't had any luck.

I've found that my 7507 isn't acting upon DSCP tagged multicast packets. Everything works fine with unicast.

I'm running 12.2.7 mainline, and there is a bug in this version of IOS that breaks LLQ'ing when dCEF is turned on....turn off dCEF (RSP CEF is fine) and all works well. See Bug ID: CSCdw51410 for more info.

I've just started checking DSCP tagged multicast, and maybe I'm missing something....do I need to specify 224.0.0.0/4 ?

Any ideas?

Dave Hartzell

  • DSCP tagged multicast and Cisco..., Dave Hartzell, 03/14/2002