wg-multicast - Re: [slightly off topic] Cisco IOS recommendations...

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: [slightly off topic] Cisco IOS recommendations...

  • From: Toerless Eckert <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [slightly off topic] Cisco IOS recommendations...
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:47:02 -0700

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 03:56:28PM -0500, Matthew Davy wrote:
> We're looking to upgrade one of our 7500's from 12.0S to 12.1T or 12.2T
> in order to get some specific features. This is one of our campus border
> routers. I know there were some early versions in 12.1T train with serious
> multicast related bugs (as well as other bugs).
>
> I'm looking for some recommendations for stable code in the T train. I'm
> getting input from several sources including Cisco, but I thought this might
> be a good group of people to ask since we're probably using similiar feature
> sets.

What features do you specifically need ? 12.1T does not make sense,
it's a dead train (eg: 12.1T existed to introduce new features and
all those went into 12.2 and since then 12.1T does not make any sense).
If you need one of the features introduced with 12.1T and not available
in 12.0S then you should use 12.2 mainline. If you need a feature only
available in 12.2T, use 12.2T.

Cheers
Toerless