wg-multicast - Re: problems getting a customer up on multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: problems getting a customer up on multicast

  • From: Havard Eidnes <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: problems getting a customer up on multicast
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:09:50 +0200

> This customer is part of our Gigapop AS, but runs their own RP.

That sounds like a somewhat strange configuration.

An alternative could be to use anycast-RP, so that you and them
can share the RP address. You would of course have to set up the
appropriate MSDP peerings to make that work (in a mesh pattern?).

> When I look at the router on my side, I see appropriate RPF
> info, the MSDP session is up, but I don't see any entries in my
> sa-cache or my mcache.

Well, if the sources are not being accepted and advertised
onwards via MSDP, you cannot expect other receivers to join
towards the source, and that's probably the reason you see
outgoing interface list: null.

Regards,

- HÃ¥vard