wg-multicast - Re: Call for IGMP3 sites

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Call for IGMP3 sites

  • From: John Meylor <>
  • To: Guy Almes <>
  • Cc: , ,
  • Subject: Re: Call for IGMP3 sites
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:25:40 -0800

Guy Almes wrote:

> JJ,
> I'd very much encourage work by router companies and our members to work
> make IGMP3 widely deployed. It's important work.

Thanks Guy, this is great support. We've seen a lot
of deployment already with the cisco production SSM/IGMPv3
implementation, and we're always interested in hearing
from anyone else who would like to deploy SSM/v3 or engage
in beta testing of new SSM/v3 related features/enhancements
or IGMPv3 stack and application implementations.

Just let us know at

also, see:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ipmulticast/ssm/index.html

Thanks again Guy for the encouragement here.

John