wg-multicast - upcoming Joint Techs meeting

Subject: All things related to multicast

upcoming Joint Techs meeting

  • From: (Kevin C. Almeroth)
  • To:
  • Subject: upcoming Joint Techs meeting
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:36:28 -0800 (PST)

The next Joint Techs workshop is coming up at the end of
January. I wanted to give everyone the low down on what
is happening with multicast. The official event name
and dates are:

Internet2/APAN/TransPAC/NLANR Tech Workshop: Jan 28-31

The home page is at:
http://www.ncne.nlanr.net/news/workshop/2001/010128/mtgnotice.html

Though, as part of the week, there are a number of other
meetings as well. The UofHawaii folks have created a
WWW page for all the meetings at:

http://www.hawaii.edu/tip2001/

Now, with regard to multicast, here is what will be happening:

On Wednesday, January 31, in the afternoon, I'll be leading our
"Multicast In-Depth" session. As usual, if you are interested
in presenting problems or a deployment update about what is happening
at your campus, let me know. Again as usual, engineering-types
from vendors are encouraged to attend to answer questions about
their equipment.

Also planned for this session is a presentation by Markus
Buchhorn on the multicast topology and technology deployed
in APAN. We are also trying to plan a demonstration of SSM
assuming we can muddle through the Layer 1 issues.

It also happens that APAN is having their own meeting after
the Joint Techs meeting (Asia-Pacific Advanced Network (APAN) Meeting: Feb
1-2).
Markus will be leading a session specifically on multicast
and (obviously) specifically related to APAN. Folks from
non-APAN campuses/organizations are encouraged/invited to
attend (again, see http://www.hawaii.edu/tip2001/).

-Kevin

PS Registration for the Joint Techs meeting is now open.

  • upcoming Joint Techs meeting, Kevin C. Almeroth, 12/20/2000