wg-multicast - RE: Anybody using Foundry switches in your LAN?

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Anybody using Foundry switches in your LAN?

  • From: "Jill Gemmill" <>
  • To: "Hugh LaMaster" <>, "Multicast WG Internet2" <>
  • Cc: "Doug McLean" <>
  • Subject: RE: Anybody using Foundry switches in your LAN?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 08:31:26 -0500

The University of Alabama at Birmingham is using Foundry equipment in the
manner you describe; our link to Internet2 (to SoX, and we are Abilene
subscribers) is through a CISCO router which was recently upgraded to the
level OS needed to support multicast. I am copying our campus LAN engineer
who can fill you in on specific settings--our first round attempt to bring
up PIM-SM following the NLANR/Abilene recommended config resulted in an
"interesting" packet looping situation.