wg-multicast - Re: Anybody using Foundry switches in your LAN?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Anybody using Foundry switches in your LAN?

  • From: Hugh LaMaster <>
  • To: Multicast WG Internet2 <>
  • Subject: Re: Anybody using Foundry switches in your LAN?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:48:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Hugh LaMaster wrote:

> I would like to know if anyone monitoring this group is using,
> or knows of someone using, Foundry switches (specifically
> BigIron series) in a LAN?

(Apologies for not explaining sufficiently. I kind of assumed
wg-multicast would imply certain things, but, I wasn't clear.
Sorry about that.)

Is anybody monitoring this group using (or know of someone using)
BigIron switches in their LANs as LAN *routers* and also with native
*multicast* (specifically *PIM-SM*). I would be interested in
learning of their experience configuring PIM-SM, and, interfacing
and interoperating with Cisco, Juniper, (or other) routers running
native multicast via *PIM-SM*.

--
Hugh LaMaster, M/S 233-21, Email:

NASA Ames Research Center Or:

Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000 Or:

Phone: 650/604-1056 Disc: Unofficial, personal *opinion*.