wg-multicast - Re: ngi seminar telcast: Vint Cerf - Interplanetary Internet

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: ngi seminar telcast: Vint Cerf - Interplanetary Internet

  • From: Jon Crowcroft <>
  • To: Markus Buchhorn <>
  • Cc: "R. P. Channing Rodgers, M.D." <>, ,
  • Subject: Re: ngi seminar telcast: Vint Cerf - Interplanetary Internet
  • Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 08:48:13 +0000

>>>Wouldn't a stronger demonstration be having someone on Mars record it
>>>for you? 8^) 8^) 8^)

>>Sure - but the last router we delivered up there just crashed recently
>>(literally).... and the vendor won't offer on-site support for some reason.

Markus

no no this is quite wrong - the mbone router on MARS is up and running
and the locals there are watching the NASA sessions with great
amusement - it has become their most popular sitcom

the reason we dont see any traffic from them is that we can't decode
the RTP payload type "telepathy" yet

cheers

jon