wg-multicast - Multicast Deployment at next NLANR/Internet2 Techs Workshop

Subject: All things related to multicast

Multicast Deployment at next NLANR/Internet2 Techs Workshop

  • From: (Kevin C. Almeroth)
  • To:
  • Subject: Multicast Deployment at next NLANR/Internet2 Techs Workshop
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:48:51 -0800 (PST)

(Bcc'ed to

and

to avoid accidental responses to both lists. General
follow ups to
.)

I wanted to call everyone's attention to a workshop being
offered at the next NLANR/Internet2 Techs Workshop. First,
the workshop is being held Dec 5-8 in Miami, FL. For more
info: http://www.internet2.edu/html/dec99miami.html

On Wed, 12/8 there will be a workshop on how to get multicast
deployed on your campus. Multicast has been running for some
time in the backbone and a number of institutions have
successfully received multicast events. The multicast WG
is trying to encourage additional institutions to deploy
multicast.

The format of the workshop is to have several brief presentations
by folks who have recently deployed multicast and folks who are
in the process of deploying multicast. Ideally, we are hoping
that some folks who are running in to problems will be able to
describe their topology, the type of equipment they are using,
and characteristics of the problem. There should be enough
expertise on-site to get you some help.

In parallel to these workshops, we are also working on getting
some high quality content delivered on a regular basis. The
NetAid concert (http://netaid.uoregon.edu) was a tremendous
success and we hope to offer additional events. One future
event in the planning stages is the delivery of MPEG audio/video
for the 47th IETF from Adelaide.

Finally, there is a multicast WG mailing list. On this list I
announce multicast and I2 related events. Others discuss
problems/solutions that are occurring at the backbone, gigapop,
and campus levels. If you are interested in joining the list,
send email to:

with the following line
in the BODY of the message:

subscribe wg-multicast <your name>

-Kevin Almeroth
I2 Multicast WG Chair

  • Multicast Deployment at next NLANR/Internet2 Techs Workshop, Kevin C. Almeroth, 11/22/1999