wg-multicast - Multicast Workshop

Subject: All things related to multicast

Multicast Workshop

  • From: Christine Falsetti <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Multicast Workshop
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 08:44:30 -0700

You are invited to attend a two day workshop by Cisco's Multicast experts on
how to set up your networks to efficiently and effectively support multicast
traffic. On Day One, will be a general session providing interactive
discussion
on multicast deployment. On Day Two, you will have the opportunity to meet
with Cisco's Multicast experts one-on-one to discuss your specific networking
issues and see demonstrations of various multicast applications.

Multicast Technical Advisory Group Meeting for the I2/NGI Community
Sponsored By ciscoSystems
San Jose, CA

Location: CiscoSystems
250 West Tasman Drive
Building J Golden Gate Conference Room
San Jose, CA

Day 1, Wednesday, July 7, 1999

8:00 Registration and coffee
8:30 Welcome and Introductions - Christine Falsetti
9:00 Overview/status on PIM and other IOS multicast protocols Dino
Farinacci
10:00 Break
10:30 Advances in IP Multicast - Dino Farinacci
· MBGP, MSDP, UDLR, PGM
12:00pm Lunch
1:00 Multicast Feature Testing/Test Topologies - John Zwiebel
1:15 Multicast Inter-exchanges and MBGP peering John Meylor
1:00 Interdomain deployment strategies, recommendations - Dave Meyer, John
Meylor
· Migration strategies from Dense Mode to Sparse Mode
1:45 I2/NGI Networks Deployment Status Discussion - Network Administrators
2:00 Break
2:15 Discussion and summary of top priorities for ciscoSystems to address -
Christine Falsetti
3:15 Establish Day Two schedule and Wrap Up Christine Falsetti
4:00 Adjourn

Day 2 : Thursday July 8, 1999

Location: CiscoSystems
250 West Tasman Drive
Building J Bay Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, and London Bridge Conference
Rooms
San Jose, CA

8:30 Coffee and Check In
Break out sessions (1 Hour each) - One on One Network Specific Discussion with
Multicast Experts
Enterprise Solution Center Tour and Multicast Applications Demonstrations (1
Hour Each)
12:00 Lunch
Break out sessions (1 Hour each) - One on One Network Specific Discussion with
Multicast Experts
Enterprise Solution Center Tour and Multicast Applications Demonstrations (1
Hour Each)
5:15 Adjourn

To register: Please email the following information to