wg-multicast - one note on 12.0S(2.7) for Abilene

Subject: All things related to multicast

one note on 12.0S(2.7) for Abilene

  • From: David Meyer <>
  • To:
  • Cc: , , , , , , , , , ,
  • Subject: one note on 12.0S(2.7) for Abilene
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 19:37:09 -0800 (PST)

All,

I'm interested in your BGP configuration on the GSRs. In
particular, I'd like to know if you're using route reflection,
and if so, how many clients per RR. There is a memory
fragmentation problem that I'd like to avoid. If you could
send me one of your configs I would appreciate it. Also,
how much memory do you on the GRPs?

The bug is fixed by

CSCdk81339: Chunk manager:Make chunk blocks reusable to reduce
mem. frag
CSCdk52946: BGP: attribute restructure to reduce memory
fragmentation

The first one of these is in the system code (to make malloc
be more effecient for the chunk manager), and the second uses
the new malloc.

While these fixes have undergone extensive testing, they have
not yet been integrated into 12.0S yet. In any event, you
might never run into this, but I just want to avoid it if we
can.

Thanks,

Dave

  • one note on 12.0S(2.7) for Abilene, David Meyer, 02/09/1999