wg-irr - Re: [WG-IRR] [External] Latest Draft of WG Document

Subject: Registry Working Group

Re: [WG-IRR] [External] Latest Draft of WG Document

  • From: Steven Wallace <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [WG-IRR] [External] Latest Draft of WG Document
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 10:34:09 -0400

I might be good to provide some context for why peers filter routes. In part,
it's to prevent hijacking (both accidental and nefarious). You list MANRS as
a reason for documenting policy in the IRR, but I would argue the main reason
is to participate in a more secure Internet.

On 3/24/20, 10:27 AM, "Michael Lambert" < on