vprcp - [vprcp] Call for Participation

Subject: VPRCP

[vprcp] Call for Participation

  • From: Stephen Wolff <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [vprcp] Call for Participation
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:32:59 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

Internet2 is planning to transform our traditional Joint Techs meetings in the years to come, beginning in January, 2013. We envision holding an annual World Technical Congress, convening thought leaders from around the globe to address critical advanced networking issues and develop community consensus around important new networking initiatives. We will be experimenting with new formats at the two traditional Joint Techs meetings in 2012.

With that in mind, at the Winter 2012 Internet2 / ESCC Joint Techs, all of Tuesday (January 24) is devoted to the primary focus area for the meeting, Enhancing Infrastructure Support for Data Intensive Science. The agenda for that portion of the meeting includes invited speakers and moderated panel discussions on such topics as the need for well-architected networks and consistent networking support for science. An outcome from this discussion is a white paper on Best Practices to Support Data Intensive Science on campuses.

The remainder of the meeting will focus, primarily, on Software-Defined Networking and Net+ Services/Cloud Computing. As always, this meeting offers opportunities for face-to-face discussions as well as participation in several in-depth tutorials, side meetings, and co-located meetings (GLIF and NetGurus). This year's offerings include a full-day NSF-sponsored tutorial on OpenFlow, a full-day collaborative tutorial on Achieving the Science DMZ, and a 1/2-day hands-on tutorial on practical aspects of colo/telco facility installations sponsored by the GRNOC.

Proposals for plenary talks, working-group and birds-of-a-feather sessions, industry updates, tutorials, and side meetings are open. The submission deadline is December 8, 2011. Open spaces on the agenda are at a premium, so get your submissions in soon! Full abstracts are required for submission consideration.

Registration for Joint Techs, ESCC, workshops and tutorials is now available -- note that rates increase after December 21!

Information on the hotel room block and other travel-related issues has been posted -- the block closes on January 4!

Keep checking the ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs website for updates and we hope to see you in Baton Rouge this January!

Steve Wolff
Interim VP and CTO
Internet2
+1.202.331.5349

  • [vprcp] Call for Participation, Stephen Wolff, 11/28/2011