usucansponsor - Looking for K12 schools to pilot an Open Educational Resource (OER) available to US UCAN participants!

Subject: usucansponsor

Looking for K12 schools to pilot an Open Educational Resource (OER) available to US UCAN participants!

  • From: Susannah Spellman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Looking for K12 schools to pilot an Open Educational Resource (OER) available to US UCAN participants!
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 14:10:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

All,

We are hosting a call on Wednesday, September 20th at 1pm to share an exciting offer for US UCAN connected schools!  See log in info below and we will be sending an outlook invite as well!

Our industry member Cisco, along with SURATION (www.suration.com), a Cisco Digital Education Partner, are seeking math teachers who want to try a new way to search, organize and save the highest quality K-12 resources for the classroom. Advanced features include alignment to standards and pacing guides and locally added content, including from on-line publishers. All on one searchable database. Cisco Spark, a 24/7 virtual classroom is integrated into Suration enabling a seamless content-to-classroom experience.

The word is getting out… the note below is the kick-off of a pilot at Robert Anderson Middle School in South Carolina. Tiffany, Principal, explains the process very well so we copied it below.

"SURATION is a brand new website that is being built. I talked to Caleb Schutz, the developer, last week. He currently has MATH resources vetted in there and will be adding lots more in the coming months."

What is it?  It’s a SEARCH-ENGINE like Google, BUT it only has the VERY best educational resources ALL in ONE place for you to find exactly what you need.  You can also create “albums” of your favorite resources and organize them by unit/ topic. You can share them with other teachers via your user ID. (There is a way to share with students, but we don’t have access to that component yet).

WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY IT FOR FREE?

  1. Click Register.
  2. Enter this License key:  RJGG-0OET-UDTU-UEPV
  3. Set up your user ID and password.
  4. Check out the video overview under the “Getting Started” tab.
  5. Contact Caleb directly with technical questions: Caleb M. Schutz, Founder and CEO, SURATION,
    , 703-554-4537

U.S. UCAN, Cisco and SURATION would like to make the same offer to all of our members and set up webinars where we can hear your thoughts and set up larger trials for those interested schools and school districts.

Here is the dial in info for the webinar:

Hello,
Join me now in my Personal Room.
Join from a video conferencing system or application
Dial
For internal acecloud.webex.com users, dial 88945000. When prompted enter the 9-digit meeting number/access code and PIN (if host). Alternatively, dial *777* followed by the 9-digit meeting number/access code. When prompted enter PIN (if host).
Join WebEx meeting
https://acecloud.webex.com/meet/mshepher | 209 497 178
Join by phone
+1-408-525-6800 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
+1-866-432-9903 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
Access code: 209 497 178
Global call-in numbers | Toll-free calling restrictions
Can't join the meeting? Contact

Thanks,

Susannah & James

  • Looking for K12 schools to pilot an Open Educational Resource (OER) available to US UCAN participants!, Susannah Spellman, 09/11/2017