transport - API comments

Subject: Transport protocols and bulk file transfer

API comments

  • From: Yunhong Gu <>
  • To:
  • Subject: API comments
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:16:33 -0600 (CST)

int x_setsockopt

"QTTL int msec after which data will be retransmitted"

Maybe I missed something but I wonder why TTL is used to do the
retransmission. I think usually RTO is used to do this and it shouldn't be
set by applications.

int x_sockerror(X_SOCKET skt)

I think the parameter "skt" is not very useful because the error is
always checked right after a socket function is called. For example, on
*nix "errno" is used; on Windows "GetLastError()" or "WSAGetLastError()"
is used. Those global variable or functions simply record the most recent
error.