transport - RE: [transport] transport-design-space-07.pdf

Subject: Transport protocols and bulk file transfer

RE: [transport] transport-design-space-07.pdf

  • From: "Injong Rhee" <>
  • To: "'stanislav shalunov'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: [transport] transport-design-space-07.pdf
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:32:36 -0400

Hi Stas, I guess in the intro of Section 2.2, some
references to existing high speed/implicit control
protocols would be appropriate. Although you do
not talk about specific protocols in this section,
the references to example protocols that employ
the techniques being discussed would point the
readers to further readings. I know there are more
than 10 protocols out there; but you could just
put it in a text like....

"Examples of protocols employing implicit feedback
control include ~\cite{HSTCP,STCP,
TCP-Westwood,...]"

Also I would like to suggest that you make these
types of references to the protocols when you
discuss different implicit feedback schemes. One
line like the above statement would be nice. This
would add a balance since in Section 2.1, you
mention specific protocols with references as
well.

Thanks
Injong

Injong Rhee, Associate Professor