thrulay-users - RE: 3 site comparison

Subject: Discussion list for thrulay, a network testing tool

RE: 3 site comparison

  • From: "Cottrell, Les" <>
  • To: "stanislav shalunov" <>
  • Cc: "Logg, Connie A." <>, <>, "Dantong Yu" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: 3 site comparison
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:46:25 -0800

Interesting. As I understand it from Connie, the client/sender (nettest2) is
also being used to send to Caltech and CERN and there no such elongated RTTs
are seen. The nettest2 box is a Linux box, Intel Xeon with 2*3GHz cpus,
windows ~ 20MB, 1GE NIC, Linux nettest2 2.4.21-27.8.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Jan 14
19:39:42 EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux.