thrulay-users - Installing Thrulay

Subject: Discussion list for thrulay, a network testing tool

Installing Thrulay

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Installing Thrulay
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:21:13 -0500 (EST)

I have downloaded the thrulay gzip file, unzipped it, detarred it, and when
trying to install it via 'make' I get:

67cal@nettest2:
make
cc -g -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs
-Wno-long-long -c -o thrulay.o thrulay.c
thrulay.c:16:24: sys/limits.h: No such file or directory
thrulay.c: In function `thrulay_udp':
thrulay.c:489: warning: implicit declaration of function `time'
make: *** [thrulay.o] Error 1

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? there is no sys/ directory in the thrulay
directory.

Also, are there any examples of the commands to use thrulay.

If I missed this info, please forgive me. I do not see it in the directory
or on line.

Thanks Connie
Connie Logg
Network Analyst