sip.edu - VoIP SIG call this week - 5/17

Subject: SIP in higher education

VoIP SIG call this week - 5/17

  • From: Garret Yoshimi <>
  • To: Internet2 VoIP SIG <>, "Internet2 SIP.edu" <>
  • Subject: VoIP SIG call this week - 5/17
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:25:15 -1000

Hi folks,

We have another timely topic for our call this week ... /Open Source Communications Options & Opportunities/. Our guest presenter, Bill Rich, will discuss the growing set of open source choices available to institutions looking to implement VoIP. We recently saw Bill present this topic at the ACUTA IP Summit in Baltimore, and thought this would be a great update topic for the SIG.

Date+Time: Thursday, 5/17/07 2:00-3:00 EDT

Guest Presenter - William J. Rich is the President and CEO of Pingtel Corp., which provides open source-based, SIP communications solutions for the enterprise market. Pingtel is also the founder and primary sponsor of SIPfoundry.org, and open source community focused on delivering real-world, SIP platforms. Bill brings over 20 years of VoIP and telecommunications experience to Pingtel. Prior to joining Pingtel, Bill was an entrepreneur-in-residence at St. Paul Venture Capital, CEO of Aravox
Technologies, a session border company sold to Alcatel, and CEO of VocalData, a feature server/IP Centrex platform company sold to Tekelec.

Slides are attached to this note as a pps file.

Please join us on the call this Thursday at the usual time.

Best.

Garret, Candace, Walt and Dennis

--------
Thursday 2:00 PM US/Eastern
Bridge info:

Option 0 (SIP URI):
sip:

Option 1 (PSTN to our conference server):
+1-734-615-7474 or
+1-866-411-0013 or
+1-800-392-6130
Access code: 0153458

Option 2 (PSTN or SIP from our conference server to you):
http://edial.internet2.edu/call/0153458
(follow instructions there)

Option 3 (SIP to our conference server):
sip:

Option 4 (Free World Dialup)
FWD 4233425 ("I2eDial"), then enter access code: 0153458 and #.

Option 5 (ISN - see http://freenum.org)
33425*260 ("edial"*260), then enter access code: 0153458 and #.

  • VoIP SIG call this week - 5/17, Garret Yoshimi, 05/15/2007