sip.edu - REMINDER - Internet2 VoIP SIG call TODAY, 4/12 2pm EDT

Subject: SIP in higher education

REMINDER - Internet2 VoIP SIG call TODAY, 4/12 2pm EDT

  • From: Candace Holman <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: REMINDER - Internet2 VoIP SIG call TODAY, 4/12 2pm EDT
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:50:09 -0400

REMINDER - Please join us for this week's Internet2 VoIP SIG call - TODAY 2:00 - 3:00 EDT

"The Open (Source) IMS Core - an initiative to adopt NGN and IMS concepts within the Industry and R&D"

Presenters: Dragos Vingarzan and Peter Weik of Fraunhofer FOKUS

Outline:
- IMS Motivation & Basics
- The Open IMS Core project
- Applications of the Open IMS Core (industry projects, EU projects,
component development)
- Q & A session

About the speakers:
Dragos Vingarzan graduated from the Politehnica University of Bucharest,
Romania in 2005 and joined the FOKUS team in 2004. Currently he is lead
developer on the Open IMS Core project and completing his PhD at Fraunhofer
FOKUS on performance considerations for Next Generation Networks.

Peter Weik graduated in "Industrial Engineering and Management Science" at
Technical University of Karlsruhe, Germany in 2004 and joined the FOKUS team in 2003.
Besides his work as a developer of the Open IMS Core, he is working on his PhD for user
and identity management in NGNs.

Reference:

The Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS launched in November 2006 an Open Source project called the "Open IMS Core", an implementation of IMS Call Session Control Functions (CSCFs) and a lightweight Home Subscriber Server (HSS), which together form the core elements of all IMS/NGN architectures as specified today within 3GPP, 3GPP2, ETSI TISPAN and the PacketCable. The four components are all based upon Open Source software(e.g. the SIP Express Router (SER) or MySQL). For almost three years the Open IMS Core has formed the heart of the Open IMS Playground of the Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS (www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/ims), a unique combination of FOKUS-own IMS prototypes combined with state-of-the art solutions from commercial vendors (such as HP, Cisco, Cantata, Apertio and many more). More details on the GPL project that is also used in many R&D projects of universities can be found at www.openimscore.org or on

http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/ngni/Newsletter/FOKUSinno-OSIMS-03-2007-high.pdf

Conference call access:

Option 0 (SIP URI):
sip:

Option 1 (PSTN to our conference server):
+1-734-615-7474 or
+1-866-411-0013 or
+1-800-392-6130
Access code: 0153458

Option 2 (PSTN or SIP from our conference server to you):
http://edial.internet2.edu/call/0153458
(follow instructions there)

Option 3 (SIP to our conference server):
sip:

Option 4 (Free World Dialup)
FWD 4233425 ("I2eDial"), then enter access code: 0153458 and #.

Option 5 (ISN - see http://freenum.org <http://freenum.org/>)
33425*260 ("edial"*260), then enter access code: 0153458 and #

Regards,
Candace