sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] [Fwd: [Users] CISCO & OpenSER & more ...]

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] [Fwd: [Users] CISCO & OpenSER & more ...]

  • From: Daniel-Constantin Mierla <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] [Fwd: [Users] CISCO & OpenSER & more ...]
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 00:58:43 +0200

Hello,

somehow related to the conference I participated last autumn regarding openser, I should mention that global AVPs were not added in upcoming 1.2.0, but the usual AVPs (per transaction) can be used in onreply_route -- the feature requested by many and the main driver in the past to look at adding global AVPs.

Most of the other features in TODO list at that moment are in place right now: SRV-based failover, IP blacklists, SIMPLE presence&XCAP, SNMP and substantially improved config scriping via script variables and transformations:

http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/transformations:devel

In my opinion, interesting for sip.edu deployments might be the new PERL module -- this is an interface to execute embedded Perl scripts. It is similar to AGI interface in Asterisk, so one can have access to many internals of OpenSER in the Perl script, as well as to different functions that can be used in openser config file. Could be good for your LDAP checks/operations. The module already includes kind of LDAP connectivity library -- see more at:

http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/perl.html

Alternative, but not that flexible, is exec_avp() from exec module which can be used to execute external application and return the result lines in AVPs.

http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/transformations:devel

ETA for 1.2.0 is March 12 (testing started at beginning of February), by then a page with detailed new features should be available on project's site.

Cheers,
Daniel