sip.edu - This weeks conf call

Subject: SIP in higher education

This weeks conf call

  • From: "Walt Magnussen" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: This weeks conf call
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:29:09 -0600

VoIPers and Sippers,

After last weeks enlightening call, we have a good follow on. This week
Tyler Miller Johnson from North Carolina is going to talk about the Real Time
Architecture recently presented to Internet2.

As a little bit of background, about a year ago Internet2 formed a
committee called the Real Time Communications Advisory Group (RTCAG). The
charter for this group including things like making Work Group
Recommendations (this resulted in the formation of the VoIP SIG) and a
campus architecture recommendation.

The campus architecture recommendation was presented and accepted at the
last Internet2 members meeting. The document makes recommendations that, if
implemented, will help ensure the success of Real Time communications.

As the head of the RTCAG, Tyler will discuss how the architecture can
impact your campus and how you can impact the architecture. The time is
Thursday 18 January 2007 at 2:00 pm eastern time.

To join the call:

Option 1 (PSTN to our conference server):
+1-734-615-7474 or
+1-866-411-0013 or
+1-800-392-6130
Access code: 0153458

Option 2 (PSTN or SIP from our conference server to you):
http://edial.internet2.edu/call/0153458
(follow instructions there)

Option 3 (SIP to our conference server):
sip:

Option 4 (Free World Dialup)
FWD 4233425 ("I2eDial"), then enter access code: 0153458 and #.

Option 5 (ISN - see http://freenum.org)
33425*260 ("edial"*260), then enter access code: 0153458 and #.

Walt Magnussen Ph.D.
Director for Telecommunications, Texas A&M University
phone 979-845-5588
cell 979-777-0999
fax 979-847-1111
email