sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] **An Update** *---REMINDER - VoIP SIG Conf Call - Thursday, 8/10

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] **An Update** *---REMINDER - VoIP SIG Conf Call - Thursday, 8/10

  • From: Garret Yoshimi <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] **An Update** *---REMINDER - VoIP SIG Conf Call - Thursday, 8/10
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 06:29:14 -1000

Melanie,

Thanks for getting the word out!

Best.
garret

Melanie Leggett wrote:
Great news. We just received confirmation that the Co-PI of the NG911 Project, Dr. Henning Schulzrinne of Columbia University, will be able to participate in the first half of the conference call on Thursday.

Date: Thursday, August 10, 2006
Time: 2:00 EDT (1:00 CDT)

The primary topic of this weeks call is an update of the NG-911 project that is going on at Texas A&M University and Columbia University. Walt Magnussen from TAMU and Roger Hixson, Technical Issues Director from NENA will lead the discussion.
This project is a Department of Commerce funded project that has established
a prototype IP enabled PSAP that is being used to evaluate the functionaly of
an IP enable architecture. Some of the areas discussed will include, the
status of the standards, issues with Nomadic location, current project
activities, where to next etc.

To Join:

Option 0 (SIP URI): sip:
Option 1 (PSTN to our conference server):
+1-734-615-7474 or
+1-866-411-0013 or
+1-800-392-6130
Access code: 0153458

Option 2 (PSTN or SIP from our conference server to you):
http://edial.internet2.edu/call/0153458 (follow instructions there)

Option 3 (SIP to our conference server):
sip:
Option 4 (Free World Dialup)
FWD 4233425 ("I2eDial"), then enter access code: 0153458 and #.

Option 5 (ISN - see http://freenum.org)
33425*260 ("edial"*260), then enter access code: 0153458 and #.