sip.edu - userpart mapping

Subject: SIP in higher education

userpart mapping

  • From: Marten Lehmann <>
  • To:
  • Subject: userpart mapping
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:29:42 +0200

Hello,

the sip.edu cookbook helped me a lot in understanding the technical side. However, I still don't know if it is possible to map a certain userpart from a sip-address to another userpart.

Example: I want to promote sip: on my website so everyone can call me using this easy address. But the ISP that does all the VoIP handling automatically allocates an address like to me which I cannot change. I know how to configure the dns-part so I can use lastname.com instead of sip-isp.com. But this would just allow me to use , not .

Is it possible somehow to map member1234 to firstname, too?

Regards
Marten

  • userpart mapping, Marten Lehmann, 07/10/2006