sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Cisco Call Manager 4.0 + Asterisk/SER ?

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Cisco Call Manager 4.0 + Asterisk/SER ?

  • From: Stephen Kingham <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Cisco Call Manager 4.0 + Asterisk/SER ?
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 04:47:03 +1000

Hi Denesh

I have had it working with the CCM 4.0 talking to SER SIP Express Router.

Asterisk is good for services like Voice Mail, IVR, and H.323-SIP Gateway (well sort of) but it is not a SIP Server.

To help with fault find may I suggest you use "ngrep" on the unix server you have your SIP Services running. You get to see all the SIP messages. Here is the command line I use:

ngrep -p -q -t -W byline port 5060

Stephen

Dinesh wrote:

Hello all,

I am trying to make my ccm 4.0 talk to sip.edu with the help of asterisk. But I am all lost about how to hook it up. I have got help from reading the sip.edu website, that you can do it with the cisco sip proxy server 2.0. But getting the software is way to expensive(50K). I have made my ccm 4.0 talk to a asterisk box, and was interested in getting a few pointers of how to interface the two (sip.edu and asterisk/ser to call manager). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dinesh Birlasekaran
Network Engineer,
ComIT, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology
61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore 138673
HP : 92962676 DID : 65869804 Fax : 67791117 Email : <mailto:>
WWW: www.imcb.a-star.edu.sg <http://www.imcb.a-star.edu.sg>

--
Stephen Kingham, MIT, BSc, E&C Cert
Project Manager and Consulting Engineer mailto:

Voice and Video over IP
for The Australian Academic Research Network (AARNet)
http://www.aarnet.edu.au