sip.edu - SIP.edu ENUM REDIRECT SERVER

Subject: SIP in higher education

SIP.edu ENUM REDIRECT SERVER

  • From: Ed Guy <>
  • To:
  • Subject: SIP.edu ENUM REDIRECT SERVER
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:29:30 -0400

Hi all,

At Dennis' request, we put up a SIP redirect server that does ENUM lookups against the sip.edu tree
so that proxies which do not support ENUM can still use ENUM to complete calls.

If you send an INVITE to sip:+<country code><number>@redirect.SipEduEnum.pulver.com:5062
the server will do an enum lookup and return the URI as the contact in a "300 redirect" response.
The SipEduEnum.pulver.com ENUM tree is used.

Please let me know if there are any problems using it.

/Ed Guy
Pulver.com / BlueLavaSoftware.com

  • SIP.edu ENUM REDIRECT SERVER, Ed Guy, 05/26/2005